At CMGCV we carry out translational research, aiming to introduce into clinical practice new diagnostic work-ups and therapeutic strategies. We achieve this by contributing with new research findings on the molecular bases of inherited cardiovascular diseases, as well as the mechanisms which damage the organs and tissues.
More than 80% of our activity is sustained by research funds from public and private institutions. Notably, these include the European Union, the Italian Ministry of Health, the Lombardy Region, Telethon, bank foundations and various charitable organizations. These funds are obtained as a result of constantly performing groundbreaking research.
The Center focuses on the following main research activities and interests:
- Cardiovascular Pathology
- Mongenic Diseases: familial cardiomyopathies, Marfan Syndrome, Loeys-Dietz Syndrome, as well as heritable aneurysmal diseases
- Multifactorial Disease: atherosclerosis, ischemic heart disease and mechanisms of atherogenesis
- Molecular cardiology: translational research for molecular genetics in cardiovascular diseases
- Heart and lung transplant pathology: allogenic reactions, opportunistic infections, malignancies
- New methodologies for organ conservation during transplantation activities
- Amyloidosis: molecular genetics and ultrastructural immunocytochemical characterisation of amyloid fibrils
- Development of customized protocols and instruments, in order to measure and analyze particular cardiovascular parameters
Explore some of our research on the ORCID network: